Our team will then draw up an Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement. While much of this is written to be compliant with all current lettings laws to ensure both you and the tenants are protected during the tenancy, we are also able to tailor clauses to suit you and your tenant’s needs.
In the run-up to the start of the tenancy, we will help you prepare the property and get everything in place for your tenants. This may include:
- undertaking maintenance
- ordering items of furniture
- arranging professional cleaning of your property
- booking an independent inventory, which we recommend as it protects both you and the tenant if there’s any dispute at a later date.
- registering your tenant’s deposit with a government-backed deposit protection scheme.
- informing the local authority and utility providers about the new tenancy.
On move-in day, we’ll make sure that we have received the first month’s rent and relevant security deposit before we release the keys to your tenant. We’ll send you the deposit and first month’s rent, less our commission, within five working days, together with an accounts statement.
Once the tenancy has begun, you’ll be your tenants’ contact for any repairs or maintenance. You’ll also be responsible for taking their rental payments.
However, if you’d like us to do this on your behalf, then you can choose our full management service instead.